Not sure about the health of your skin? Look through our sections...
Too low of a production of sebum in the skin is what causes dry skin. Dry skin may often peel and feel tight. Small lines are more pronounced in skin that is dry and eczema can be more easily developed. As we age, our skin loses some of its essential, self-moisturizing components. Inside of the top layer of skin, a substance called Natural Moisturizing Factor (NMF) is found. This is a natural humectant, which attracts and holds onto water inside of the skin cells, to help keep the top layer of skin hydrated. As we get older, there is a significant decline in the amount of NMF found in our skin, which contributes to dryness.
Dry skin can, however, occur for reasons that are not age-related such as;
• Low temperatures and cold winds may dry out the skin and deprive it of balanced levels of oils which can contribute to premature aging.
• Prolonged exposure to the sun will also cause dry skin.
• Forced air heating also dries out skin: warm, dry air acts like a sponge, soaking up moisture from everything around.
How do I Prevent Dry Skin?
• As with every skin related issue, it is always important to strive for a healthy lifestyle. Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet and drink plenty of water.
• Drink less alcohol, alcohol is rough on the skin. It dehydrates the skin, and in time, damages it.
• Protect your skin from the sun. Sun protection is a must. You can protect your skin by seeking shade, covering up with clothing, and using sunscreen that is broad-spectrum, SPF 30 (or higher), and water-resistant. You should apply sunscreen every day to all skin that is not covered with clothing. Every time you get a tan, you prematurely age your skin. This holds true if you get a tan from the sun, a tanning bed, or other indoor tanning equipment. All emit harmful UV rays that accelerate how quickly your skin ages.
How do I Treat Dry Skin?
You should look for products that are designed to counteract tight and flaky skin, that gently cleanse but do not peel off the skin's natural liquids. Products that nourish the skin, and help it to bind, and retain moisture, and protect it from external shocks. You should also look for products that are free from parabens and alcohol.
Published Wednesday, May 3, 2017
Moisture boosting cream
Last winter my skin got really dry, it always gets drier during the winter but this time it was way worse than ever before. It was itching and peeling, horrible feeling and it didn’t look very fresh. I bought Night Cream Intense and I am soo happy I did! The results were immediate, already after the first application my skin was soft and nice again. I will continue to use this product and haven’t used any thing else since I came across this moisture boosting cream. Great product!
Published Friday, June 2, 2017
Great choice for dry skin!
My skin has always been dry and very sensitive and it’s hard for me to find a suitable product. I have now been using Night Cream Intesen for 3 weeks and I could see results already after first use. Great product, keeps my skin soft and hydrated without making it greasy. The formula is thick but still light and easy to applicate.
Published Tuesday, July 25, 2017
Repairing Day Cream works!
My skin is oily but dry, hard to explain. Some products have made my skin dry out even more, and some has made it even oilier, so it has been very hard for me to find a suitable day cream. Repairing Day Cream works perfect for this, it doesn't make my skin oily, neither does it make it dry. Keeps my skin in a perfect balance.
Published Saturday, August 26, 2017
Perfect fit for dry skin
If you have got dry skin I can highly recommend Repairing Day Cream & Night Cream Intense! Bought these products last year and have been using them ever since. My skin used to be dry and flaky but as soon as I started using these cream my skin got soft, smooth & radiant. As I have been using them both for over a year I am sure this is not just a short term solution but rather a long term solution! Great products