Not sure about the health of your skin? Look through our sections...
• Aging skin loses its elasticity, this allows fine lines and wrinkles to arise.
• Aging skin is often dry and can also have age spots.
• Aging skin will affect everyone at some point, but it could be sooner for those who had dry skin from the beginning.
• As we age, the body produces lower amounts of collagen and hyaluronic acid in the skin. That means that elastic fibers become looser and tend to gather together and form wrinkles and folds.
• We cannot change the natural aging process, and we all will get visible lines on our face.
• It is natural for our face to lose some of its youthfulness as we become older. Our genes largely control when these changes occur. This type of aging is called “intrinsic aging.”
While we cannot stop intrinsic aging, we can control our environment and lifestyle choices and thereby influence another type of aging that can cause our skin to age prematurely. This type of aging is called “extrinsic aging.” By taking some preventive actions, we can slow the effects that this type of aging has on our skin.
How do I Prevent Skin Aging?
If you smoke, stop! Smoking greatly speeds up how quickly skin ages. It causes wrinkles and a dull, sallow complexion.
Protect your skin from the sun. Whether spending a day at the beach or running errands, sun protection is a must. You can protect your skin by seeking shade, covering up with clothing, and using sunscreen that is broad-spectrum, SPF 30 (or higher), and water-resistant. You should apply sunscreen every day to all skin that is not covered with clothing. Do not forget that every time you get a tan, you prematurely age your skin. This holds true if you get a tan from the sun, a tanning bed, or other indoor tanning equipment. All emit harmful UV rays that accelerate how quickly your skin ages.
Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. Findings from a few studies suggest that eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables may help prevent damage that leads to premature skin aging. Findings from research studies also suggest that a diet containing lots of sugar or other refined carbohydrates can accelerate aging.
Drink less alcohol. Alcohol is rough on the skin. It dehydrates it, and in time, damages it. This can make us look older.
Use Skin Care Products Formulated for Skin Aging
Anti-aging products are made to prevent and restore aging skin and wrinkles. This is done by stimulating collagen and elastin synthesis. Effective skin care products stimulate the absorption of protein into the skin's connective tissue so that it returns to a more balanced surface. For daily use, our dermatologists recommend moisturizers spiked with ingredients designed to boost cell turnover, stimulate collagen growth, and banish DNA-damaging free radicals.
The collection RE-INVENTED is Hollywoodskin's answer to skin aging.